The Cerebral Palsy Association of Manitoba (CPAM) is committed to respecting your personal information
as we comply with the Privacy Act (PIPEDA). Please see the list below with regard to our treatment of
your personal information.
1. CPAM will not sell, trade, or otherwise disclose your personal information to any other agency or group.
2. Only the CPAM's Director (who is also the Privacy Officer) and Funding Coordinator have full access to
donor history, the receipting function, and donor personal information. Personal information is considered
confidential; therefore access to it is restricted.
3. Personal information is collected for several key reasons, some of which are listed here:
a. Issuance of tax receipts.
b. CPAM's mandatory reporting to the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency).
c. Communication regarding CPAM activities (e.g.: newsletters, occasional information related to fundraising
efforts or association activities)
4. While CPAM is required by law to retain donor personal information for a period after the donation is
made, donors can request to be removed from any list of contacts for possible future communication by
contacting CPAM's Privacy Officer.
5. No financial information (e.g.: credit card number or otherwise) is retained in our database.
6. CPAM considers any receipt of personal information as permission from the donor to have his or her
information stored in our database, excluding any financial information.
CPAM is an independent non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Association
offers information, referral, support, advocacy and use of its library to anyone affected with CP or to
those interested in or working with people affected by CP. Our funds are generated from the generous
donations of individuals and groups. We would not be able to continue to offer the support we have to so
many without your continued support. Thank you for your commitment to CPAM.
Revised and CPAM Board Approved February 14, 2012